Today I’ve got a quick lunch or dinner (or breakfast?) recipe for you guys, that uses seasonal produce, doesn’t take too much time in the kitchen and tastes light and fresh: raddicchio wraps with cilantro cream!
This recipe was, btw, inspired by some similar looking wraps that I’ve seen in Veganomicon.
as many radicchio leaves as you want wraps
1-2 cobs of fresh sweetcorn
two big handfuls of fresh soybeans (in their pods)
1/2 red onion
a handful of cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup quinoa, which ever colour you prefer/have on hand/like the best
extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and chili to taste
for the cilantro sauce:
-soak 1/4 cup of cashew (pieces) and 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds in fresh water, for at least two hours (overnight is great)
– wash and drain the nuts & seeds and combine in a blender with a bunch of fresh cilantro, 2-3 tablespoons of lime juice, a little salt and cayenne pepper and enough water to reach desired consistency
for the wraps:
– combine the quinoa with 1 cup of water in a pan, bring to a boil and let simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and it well for another 10 minutes
– steam the soybeans and the corn for about 10 minutes. Let both cool slightly, then remove the beans from the pods and carefully cut the corn from the cobs.
– dice cucumber, tomatoes and onion. place them in a big bowl and combine with oil, salt and pepper.
– add the cooked quinoa, soybeans and corn. Combine everything and adjust the seasonings to your liking
– fill the radicchio leaves with the quinoa mixture, top with cilantro cream and enjoy!